LED Interior lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

In a post in the introductions area
White walker wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:59 pm Today I swapped the front and back interior standard bulbs for LED ones. What a difference it makes. It must be good as my wife is impressed and believe me it takes a lot to impress her. I swapped all four in about ten minutes and all for under £10.
Which bulbs did you replace? My car (I guess they are all the same but it may vary between trim levels) has two map reading lights in the front and a central double light above the back seats. There is also a light in the boot on the right (not to be confused with the removable light / torch).

Did you change all five bulbs?
Where did you get the replacements? (And do you know the part numbers?)

Please let us have the full skinny on this; I'm sure there are others who will be interested.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

White walker

Post by White walker »

Hi Ian.
I just replaced the two from the reading lights in the front and the two above the back seats. All easy just a straight swap . The front bulbs have a right and a wrong way if it doesn't work take it out and try the other way. The rear ones are festoon bulbs ,easy pop out pop in. I didn't bother with the boot light or torch.
I got all four from eBay . Two 38mm festoon CAMBUS error free bulbs £2-95. And two SMD led CAMBUS error free bulbs £2-95.
I hope this helps.

Roy
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

That's interesting because mine is already LED , but maybe that's because I had the light package as an option ?
Jogorm

Post by Jogorm »

Any links for the correct bulbs please? And how east are the bulbs to replace? Can’t find how to get front lights out?
SizzlingPotato

Post by SizzlingPotato »

Hey White Walker. I like your interior LED mod! Well done! Can you tell us how to open the casings to reach the bulbs and show us some links to the bulbs you used? Thanks!
SizzlingPotato

Post by SizzlingPotato »

White walker wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:30 pm Hi Ian.
I just replaced the two from the reading lights in the front and the two above the back seats. All easy just a straight swap . The front bulbs have a right and a wrong way if it doesn't work take it out and try the other way. The rear ones are festoon bulbs ,easy pop out pop in. I didn't bother with the boot light or torch.
I got all four from eBay . Two 38mm festoon CAMBUS error free bulbs £2-95. And two SMD led CAMBUS error free bulbs £2-95.
I hope this helps.

Roy

Hey White Walker. I like your interior LED mod! Well done! Can you tell us how to open the casings to reach the bulbs and show us some links to the bulbs you used? Thanks!
SizzlingPotato

Post by SizzlingPotato »

No love from white walker :(
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

SizzlingPotato wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:34 pm No love from white walker :(
Not entirely surprising given that the last time he visited the forum was the beginning of August...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
SizzlingPotato

Post by SizzlingPotato »

Milfmog wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:59 pm
SizzlingPotato wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:34 pm No love from white walker :(
Not entirely surprising given that the last time he visited the forum was the beginning of August...

Have fun,

Ian.

This is the closest I got in my searches. Maybe there are some similarities to how things pop open in the Octavia

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... nt-4953114

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post