Headlight adjust - Europe

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
joecas

Post by joecas »

Hi - my first post, grateful for any insights.
I have a 2022 Karoq SEL 1.5 with Amundsen infotainment system.
I am driving in Europe soon and want to know if my LED headlights automatically/manually adjust to RHD. Or do I still need to but those infernal sticky headlamp adjusters?
Also, I notice I do not have a time format setting to adjust between 12/24 hr - anybody know why? My previous 2019 Karoq had it.
Thanks

IanW

Post by IanW »

Check to see if you have the setting in the menus. its Vehicle->Settings->Lights->Travel mode
There's a similar thread on the Briskoda forum https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/5 ... rance-etc/
My 2021 SEL has the setting but it looks like the LED headlights may be different on the 2022 facelift
joecas

Post by joecas »

Thanks Ian. I read through the Briskoda forum you kindly provided, which goes down a rabbit hole with no obvious conclusion. I don't have the ' Travel Mode' option on my settings. From what I glean it's only available on the Matrix LED lights, which is an optional extra on the SEL. I'll buy the stick- on adjusters just in case and see how it goes.
PhilC55

Post by PhilC55 »

Regarding the 12/24 hour clock setting, it's not where you necessarily expect to find it. It's only accessible from the configuration wizard, which on the Amundsen is under Menu/Settings/Configuration Wizard. If you select the icon that looks like a clock and calendar the Time and Date screen is displayed with the option to select 12 or 24 hour clock from the drop down menu at the top left. There's a thread on Briskoda showing how to access it on a Kodiaq at

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... ck-to-24h/
Survey

Post by Survey »

I asked about this when purchasing my late October2022 car. No settings on the screen to do this. Dealer confirmed when the satnav knows it's abroad, it automatically changes the lights as required!
Survey

Post by Survey »

Survey wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:27 pm I asked about this when purchasing my late October2022 car. No settings on the screen to do this. Dealer confirmed when the satnav knows it's abroad, it automatically changes the lights as required!
Has anyone actually confirmed this. My garage is adamant it is fact but not all staff there are convinced!
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Survey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:56 pm
Survey wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:27 pm I asked about this when purchasing my late October2022 car. No settings on the screen to do this. Dealer confirmed when the satnav knows it's abroad, it automatically changes the lights as required!
Has anyone actually confirmed this. My garage is adamant it is fact but not all staff there are convinced!
My Karoq has settings for left hand and right hand driving. If the satnav did tis, why do I have the settings?
Survey

Post by Survey »

Routemaster1 - I have no idea. I have asked my garage to get a definitive response from Skoda UK.
GLA

Post by GLA »

Just got my Karoq se l with 'normal', non matrix LEDs so I'd be curious to hear what skoda tells you on the matter, Survey, thank you.

On all my previous vehicles (with normal led or xenon) I just point the headlamps to a wall in the dark and move my hand over the lenses to identify the spot where the beam kick-up occurs and apply a beam deflector or just some electrical tape over it. I spend half of the year in Europe and I never got flashed by fellow road users, so I assume this method works.

Of course if on the Karoq we can avoid stickers by automated means or flicking a switch at the back of the lamp holders that would be excellent. I had a look at them but could not see anything obvious.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Many cars, even those with ordinary halogen lights, do not nowadays have a 'kick-up ' to the left on the dip beams, and as such do not need beam defectors or tape, no matter what Eurolites say. Many cars have a beam hight adjuster, so you can lower the beams to avoid dazzling. And remember, the law doesn't require you to fit adjusters, just to not dazzle. As the majority travelling abroad will not be travelling at night, most will only need to worry about tunnels and bad weather. I travelled with both my C4 GP and our C3 without any defectors and had no issue.