Dash cam diy

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Trogglet

Re: Dash cam diy

Post by Trogglet » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Thanks kodiaq - that clarifies a lot of things! The links are very helpful.
I discovered I'd been given a hard wire kit, complete with a selection of piggy back connectors and the all important voltage dropper - now I understand what all the bits do!
My insurers seem very interested in my having a dash cam, so I'd best get cracking!
Thanks for your time ....... A
Karoq SEL 1.5 petrol. Delivered 1 day before lockdown.
Previously Octavia II

RATBIKENEE

Post by RATBIKENEE » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:43 pm

hello new member here, sorry to just jump in but this is all new to me,i have a Skoda karoq 1.6 SEL diesel 2019 model. i booked Halfords to come and fit a new front and rear dash cam and the chap said he could not fit them as it keep bringing faults up and blowing fuses' contacted my Skoda dealership and they say you cannot fit a rear camera because it interferes with the radio? it seem weird to me ,as anybody else had anything like this. Thanks ratbikenee

Demport

Post by Demport » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:31 pm

RATBIKENEE wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:43 pm
hello new member here, sorry to just jump in but this is all new to me,i have a Skoda karoq 1.6 SEL diesel 2019 model. i booked Halfords to come and fit a new front and rear dash cam and the chap said he could not fit them as it keep bringing faults up and blowing fuses' contacted my Skoda dealership and they say you cannot fit a rear camera because it interferes with the radio? it seem weird to me ,as anybody else had anything like this. Thanks ratbikenee
If you're after a Nextbase dashcam, it may be worth checking prices with Skoda dealers.
A Skoda dealer supplied and installed mine for less than Halfords were quoting.
And did it well!
Just a thought...
Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG 4x4.
Quartz Grey
Virtual Cockpit, DSG Paddles, Spare Wheel
69 registered

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 am

I have a Thinkware dashcam, front and rear. No issues with anything, but I did not let a Skoda dealer fit it (or Halfords!)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670