Another new Race Blue Sportline!

Post pictures of your Skoda Karoq here
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Collected on the 16th, but no opportunity to go for any decent drives yet ;)

My Karoq.jpg

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!'
That's at least two of us then!
Well done.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Hey... mine was on order from June! :) And I've managed to turn the horrid Soundaktor off now using OBDelebven. :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Soundaktor?????
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:49 pmSoundaktor?????
Piece of not so clever technology, designed to make the inside of the car noisier and less pleasant, but probably OK if you are the sort of person who wears a back to front baseball cap while driving...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Thanks!.
Being an old fart, as I am! Baseball caps, whether frontwards or backwards are the product of the 👺 as far as i am concerned.
Another unwanted American import as bad as black Friday etc :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

When I was a teenager, (back in the 60s!), my first car was a 1954 Vauxhall Velox. Now that had a 2 1/4 litre straight six, but was marketed as a big saloon car and so had two silencers in series. Of course I wanted a car that sounded more impressive, so I removed the rear silencer and replaced it with a length of copper piping with a belled-out end!

The Soundaktor is something VAG add to their 'Sporty' cars (I think the Karoq Sportline 2.0TSIs and top 2.0TDIs get it fitted) to make them noisier inside as modern soundproofing cuts down the engine's sound. It is a resonator fitted at the base of the windscreen, that is electronically linked to the engine speed, and has a volume that is altered by the Driving Mode you are using. (Off in Eco, 50% in Normal or Snow, 100% in Sport, Variable in Individual).

Are Skoda really aiming their Sportline at the youth market rather than us old codgers??
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Skoda seem to be heading down the Honda route if aiming their cars at youngsters that, in the main, can't afford them!
When the first HRV came out twenty odd years ago, it was marketed as the 'Joy Machine' with pics of 'gorjus' young things all smiley and holding their surf boards. They even majored on the fact that the front seat had a little net pocked on the side of the back ant showed it holding........ a BANANA!!
I went to have a look at my local Honda dealer and the conversation went.........
Me "How many have you sold already?" Him "Ten". "To whom?" "Three to the target market and 7 to older middle aged people". I was only 45 in 2000 and I bought one!!
BOING! As someone who spent his working life in Shell in marketing positions, I could have told Honda that if they'd asked, before they wasted all their money on their 'mis-aimed' advertising.
Oldies wanted and still do, taller cars to ease getting out. (Don't I know it')
Conversely, my first & second cars(although Pa had a Velox-beautiful and for the day quite pokey)
were both 1934 Morris 8 Tourers TWO seaters, even then as rare as rocking horse poo.
Side valve 800 oddcc, three speed gearbox. A really S L O W car and quiet. So I had to do something about the noise at least. Not having two pennies to rub together and could not afford a 'cherry bomb', I ripped off the original pipework from the down pipe and replaced with a 2 inch flexi right through to the back with 6 stainless steel pot scourers rammed down the tail pipe, held in with bits of Meccano. The noisiest Series ll Morris eight around.
Then I fitted a vacuum powered wolf whistle into the inlet manifold, operated by pulling a string under the dashboard.
Oh the idiocy of 'YOOF'.But wasn't it fun!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post