My Edition

Post pictures of your Skoda Karoq here
Rob Parkin

Post by Rob Parkin »

6F436328-824D-4D09-8D63-7DF6F794012A.jpeg

5364D603-5F0B-48E0-BF5D-D3AA53A0AB04.jpeg

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I reckon the tyres on yours are a bit stickier than mine... ;) Nice colour though.

Speaking of which, is anyone else finding that the Karoq scrabbles for grip on even fairly gentle launches, especially if the road is damp.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Yep, scrabbles for grip in sport mode but not normal mode so far. Pirelli p7 tyres on ours
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

My is fitted with Bridgestone Turanzas. They feel OK when driving but even on a gentle launch they scrabble a bit. Add a bit of damp and a heavier right foot (I almost never use sport mode) and it is anyone's guess when the car will actually move. Those fronts are going to have to go but the question is what to replace them with. I put Michelin Cross Climates on the Yeti and they were outstanding, good grip under all conditions, good ride and low noise levels; sadly the Cross Climates are not available in the right size for the Karoq.

Have fun,

Ian
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Interesting. I rate the P7's so far based on a couple of thousand miles of mixed driving including 900 mile round trip to Scotland
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

Uh oh - not liking the undertone of poor grip.

I have a Q3 Quattro and drive with a stupidly heavy right foot during take off - think I may be in for a surprise 😧😧
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
Stevieboi1982

Post by Stevieboi1982 »

I have the same but manual, it's definitely has a slip on higher revs pulling off, can understand now why the salesman was recommending the 4WD, but still, best car ever, cannot fault the 1.5 Evo engine.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Stevieboi1982 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:25 am I have the same but manual, it's definitely has a slip on higher revs pulling off, can understand now why the salesman was recommending the 4WD, but still, best car ever, cannot fault the 1.5 Evo engine.
I have Michelin CrossClimate SUVs on all 4 corners now and the improvement is dramatic. They were expensive, but are quieter, offer better grip and a good ride. Worth the money from my perspective.

Have fun,

Ian.